Tips & Helpful Information

CT Statute 38A-354

A/M Parts VS. OEM Parts

CT Statute 38A-354

As the vehicle owner in CT, you have the legal right to have your vehicle both inspected and repaired at the shop of your choice by a licensed appraiser.

This law also specifically prohibits insurance companies from pressuring you to go where they recommend. Don't let a pushy adjuster take away your right to choose.

Loss of Use

A/M Parts VS. OEM Parts

CT Statute 38A-354

If you are the claimant, the at-fault insurance company is required to compensate you for loss of use. Loss of us is offered by either providing you with a rental vehicle or compensating you monetarily. Loss of use in monetary form is calculated by the total repair hours. 

Fore more information, call our office. 

A/M Parts VS. OEM Parts

A/M Parts VS. OEM Parts

A/M Parts VS. OEM Parts

Aftermarket (A/M) parts are imitation parts and they are not tested or certified by your vehicle's manufacturer. 

However, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts are. Because of this, we always recommend using OEM parts exclusively. 

Frequently Asked Questions

What Should I Do After An Accident?

First, stop at once and report the accident to the nearest police station to have a report filed. 

Next, check to see if anyone is injured. If you are hurt, seek treatment promptly. 

Do not move your vehicle until you're directed to do so by authorities. 

If possible, take photos of the scene and any vehicles involved. 

Be sure to get a copy of the police report number from the responding officer and directions for accessing the report once it is ready. 

Write down a complete description of the accident as soon as possible. 

Call R&C for further assistance!

Do I Have To Take My Car To Where My Insurance Recommends?

No! Where you take your vehicle for both an estimate and repairs is solely your decision as the vehicle owner. In Connecticut, there are anti-steering laws in place the prohibit insurance companies from telling you where to take your vehicle (CT 38A-354).

Do I Have To Pay A Deductible?

The amount of a deductible you may have to pay is pre-determined by your insurance policy. If you are unsure what that is, you can check your declaration page or directly with your insurance agent. In special circumstances, deductibles may be waived by your insurance company. If your deductible does apply, it will be due at the time of pickup and payable to us at the repair shop. 

If you are a claimant and working directly with someone else's insurance company, there is no deductible for your repairs. 

Can I Have Other Services Done While My Car Is In The Shop?

Yes! Just let your advisor know what other work you would like done so that he or she can make the necessary arrangements for you. 

Who Will Pay For A Rental Vehicle?

If you need a rental car, we can help you make the arrangements. Insurance companies will only pay for a rental car if you have that option on your policy or if you are the claimant. Check your policy and/or call your insurance company to find out if you have rental coverage and what your specific coverage limitations are.

What Forms Of Payment Do You Accept?

We accept personal checks, bank checks, insurance checks or cash. We DO NOT accept credit cards.